A clear insight into the way NHS England try to gloss over what’s happening to the NHS. This is why we cannot allow politicians to shirk their duty to provide a functional NHS.
I know because I have worked in several senior NHS positions and have seen it first-hand. It works like this…..
- All major NHS institutions from NHS England down are managed by a board consisting of Executive Directors (EDs) who do the actual work and Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) who are there to hold them to account.
- The EDs are appointed by the NEDs, who also have the power to remove them if they are not up to the job.
- EDs are required at intervals to provide the board with assurance that things are going well and that if this is not the case that there are plans in place to correct the situation.
- It is essential that the board accepts this assurance. If they are not assured they must report up to their regulator – usually NHS Improvement.
- If they are not assured the easiest action they can take is to…
View original post 710 more words